How to prepare for your BER survey
There are many things a homeowner can do that will make the process faster for both themselves and the Assessor.
Having the following items ready for the Assessor when they arrive at your property for the BER inspection will greatly help:
- A recent electricity bill showing the Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN).
- The year the property was built.
- Copies of any previous BERs published for that property.
- Drawings or architectural plans for the building.
- Details or plans of any upgrades to the property (extensions, insulation, new windows uValues etc.)
- The model and make of the heating boiler.
- Ensuring the Assessor has safe access to all areas of the property.